Recently some of the red team attended a Canadian Chamber of Commerce sponsored “Crystal Ball Luncheon” in Ho Chi Minh City.
A range senior executives working in Vietnam shared their 20 minute view-point, predicting what lay ahead in the year of the Dragon.
Widely regarded as one of the best talks on this subject in town, the speakers struck a balance of highlighting the ‘challenges’ for the year ahead and the ‘cautious / wait & see’ sentiment of investors and consumers alike.
From a brand builders / marketing / advertising point of view, Ralf Matthaes – Regional Managing Director of TNS – presented is a particularly interested read…. Ralf’s conclusion:
– “The key word is caution and wait & see
– Consumer spend will be down
– Value for money is key as is quality & brand USP”
You can download the speakers presentations from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce website here
Many thanks to the CanCham and speakers for making their presentations and impressions for 2012 available to share.
The speakers presentations include:
– Sumit Dutta – President & CEO HSBC Vietnam,
– John Gardner – General Manager Caravelle Hotel,
– Victoria Kwakwa – Country Director The World Bank,
– Don Lam – CEO VinaCapital,
– Winnie Lam – Country Director of KCS,
– Ralf Matthaes – Regional Managing Director of TNS,